Seagulls are also known as gulls or seabirds
. Today, I share one of the best natural photos of a flying seagull which has more than 25 different species
in the world. I clicked the photo of a seagull bird at Aji dam, Rajkot
. They belong to the family Laridae
. Let’s know some of the interesting facts about seagull bird
- They are carnivores. They can eat anything. Their diet includes eggs, small mammals, crabs, and fishes.
- The Lifespan of seagulls is up to 15 years in the wild, but It depends on the species of the seagull.
- They are generally seen near seas because they love seawater. They can drink salt and freshwater.
- The State Bird of Utah is the California Gull (or common seagull). There is an interesting story behind why it has been chosen as a state bird.
- Seagulls have excellent vision and they are good fliers.
- The biggest Seagull measures up to 28 to 30 inches in length. The smallest seagull is generally evaluated to be 11 inches in length.
If you want to know about these species, Here is the list of birds with pictures.
Friends, Check out my collection of beautiful photos of birds by clicking the link: Bird Photography Collection. If you like my collection and photography, don’t forget to share and subscribe. Any suggestions and reviews are most welcome and write it on the below comment box.
This photo is captured using Canon EOS 1200D.
The photo was taken at Aji Dam, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Below are the settings to capture this photo: